Tuesday, February 9, 2016

DIY Gifts for Our Guests

Here's a little simple DIY project I did for our "Manifesting Love and Money" Seminar we hosted at C & B on Saturday, Jan. 30.  I knew I wanted to give our guests a complimentary gift for attending so I created these little votives that held a shiny, happy message... "Enjoy Today".  Each one had a flameless candle inside with some heart chocolates...perfect for a pre-Valentine treat.  In total, I made 25 votives and it took me about 2 hours.  It's the drying times in-between steps that made it a little longer.  All the material was purchased at AC Moore.  
Although, the project itself was very easy and inexpensive, the outcome made such a special impact when they were given as gifts.    Loved this project, especially because it sent a positive, happy message.  Hope you like it too <3  

1.  I printed "Enjoy Today" from my computer small enough to cut out & place on each votive.
2.  Once I cut "Enjoy Today" out, I put decoupage glue on the back of each paper and placed it on each votive.


3.  I placed the votives in a box and decoupaged the front of the message.
4.  While the glue was fresh, I sprinkled diamond dust right on top and watched
"Enjoy Today" shine.  Sooo pretty! 




5.  The glue needs to dry.  The good thing is, decoupage glue dries rather quickly.
Here's the final result before putting them in little pretty bags.
Yes...those are my feet.  Lol!

6.  Finally, I added some chocolates, our business cards and a special thank you note for being our guests.  Of course I added our signature black and white striped ribbon to finish the look.
I LUV THESE!!  

 photo signature_zpshoufcjst.png

No comments:

Post a Comment