Monday, July 6, 2015

A Chart House Bridal Shower





When a client calls me and says... "I want you to design whatever you want.  All that you need to know is that the brides colors are navy and white with nautical touches and will be at the Chart House in Weehawken, NJ.  Now run with it."  I am beyond excited!  My creative juices start flowing and my mind starts to go crazy.  "You mean, I can be as creative as I want?  I can design centerpieces filled with every beautiful flower in the world?  Get the most beautiful containers in the world too?   You mean, I can make sure the perfect yacht with the couples name on it in florals, passes her bridal shower at the perfect time, giving them the perfect backdrop for pictures?"  Although wishful thinking on my part, reality is, everyone still has a budget.  With that said, I was able to design centerpieces so beautiful, detailed and one of a kind, that they looked like a million dollars.  I was a given an invitation that had colors of navy, white and coral.  Knowing that the linens were going to be navy, I kept the floral colors white and coral.  Perfect!  White lanterns, white Hydrangea, coral Peony from Holland, white Cymbidium Orchids and touches of seashells.  I was so happy to see the look on the brides face when she walked in and saw them.  I designed my centerpieces by arranging 3 small 3" rose bowls with florals.  Each vase was filled with tiny seashells.  I placed one centerpiece inside the white lantern.  The second centerpiece sat on top of the lantern and the third centerpiece nestled on the side of the lantern creating the most perfect combination.  One large starfish finished the look.  When I walked in, the tables had navy linens with coral colored napkins at each place setting.  The room had windows all around with views to die for.  All that I can say was that the day was beautiful!  The sun was shining and there were boats everywhere.  You couldn't ask for a more perfect day, setting and backdrop for this beautiful bride to be!

xoxo
 photo signature_zpshoufcjst.png

No comments:

Post a Comment